Southern California’s Top Chef to be Named at Oak Grove Center Fundraiser
Murrieta nonprofit seeks best chef through fundraising event.
Murrieta, CA (November 4, 2010) – Chef’s from all over Southern California will compete in the 3rd Annual “Chef Open” at the Journey at Pechanga clubhouse on Monday, November 15, 2010. Presented by Oak Grove Center for Education, Treatment & the Arts, the event will begin at approximately 4pm and be preceded by a charity golf tournament, also benefiting Oak Grove Center. Proceeds from both fundraisers will be applied to the $1 million goal to build a gym/multi-purpose room at the non-profit school located in Murrieta, CA.
The pressure will be on for the following chefs to compete in several categories including the People’s Choice Award, which will be voted on by all 300 people attending the event. The competing chefs at this year’s competition include:
• Executive Chef Luis Camacho and Executive Chef Toni Nanci from Anthony’s Lounge & Ristorante
• Chef Sabastian Crivello from Crivello Ristorante Italiano
• Chef Francesco Cusimano from Rustico Ristorante & Pizzeria
• Chef Sharon Cunningham from Simply Sharon’s
• Executive Chef Alex Carballo from Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
• Sous Chef Tim Nalick from Pechanga Resort & Casino
• Chef de Cuisine at Public House Daniel Snyder
• Executive Chef Michael Henry from Meritage @ Callaway Winery
• Chef Maurice Vibar from Creekside Grille @ Wilson Creek Winery
Each chef will be judged on three categories: presentation, artistic interpretation and taste. There will be one Judge’s winner and one People’s Choice Award winner. Both will be crowned “Top Chef of Southern California.”
Tickets to attend the Chef Open event are $40 ($45 after November 10th) and can be purchased by visiting www.OakGroveCenter.org. Tasting begins at 4:00pm. The charity golf tournament immediately before the Chef Open event is still open to sponsors and golfers. Sponsorships start at $100 and go up to $5,000.
Businesses and individuals interested in participating in the Oak Grove Center Charity Golf Tournament or the Chef Open should call Cheryl Lievsay at (951) 677-5599 ext 2238.
About Oak Grove Center: Founded in 1989, Oak Grove is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. The center services 76 children providing 24-hour educational and residential treatment, plus an additional 74 day students in Murrieta as well as Oak Grove at the Ranch with a second campus in Perris. For more information please contact www.oakgrovecenter.org.
Press Release courtesy of PEAR Marketing & Public Relations.