Looking for a fun & free place to hang out with the family while getting some great live music this summer? Temecula has the answer with their annual “Summer Concert Series” at the Community Recreation Center – check it out:
The City of Temecula Community Services Department, along with California Coast Credit Union, is proud to present the annual “Summer Sunsets Concert Series”, Thursday nights during the months of July and August at the Temecula Amphitheater located at the Community Recreation Center, 30875 Rancho Vista Road, Temecula, CA.
Last Thursday night, The Sam Morrison Band kicked off the summer with a Bob Seger tribute concert. They were not only good, but fun & entertaining, playing such well known Seger tunes as: Night Moves, Hollywood Nights, Turn the Page, and of course, Old Time Rock & Roll. People were dancing, kids were playing & getting their faces painted, the whole crowd was just enjoying the warm Temecula night with some great rock & roll. Here’s a little video snapshot of the band:
We try and go every year to these family friendly concerts. We usually pack our own dinner, bring a couple (low profile, please!) chairs, blankets, and a few bucks (to let the kids buy snacks). You’ll want to arrive about a half hour early to grab a good seat. So come on out next Thursday for a great, inexpensive, fun evening in Temecula. (Oh yeah, and don’t worry if you missed the Sam Morrison Band, you can catch them again on August 6th).
Here’s the summer schedule from the City of Temecula:
- July 2nd: Turn The Page ~ A Tribute to Bob Seger, by the Sam Morrison Band
- July 9th: The Answer ~ Great American Classic Rock
- July 16th: Hot August Night ~ “A Tribute to Neil Diamond”
- July 23rd: The Mardels ~ San Diego’s Best Party Band
- July 30th: Bella Donna ~ “A Tribute To Stevie Nicks”
- August 6th: The Sam Morrison Band ~ Southern Rock
- August 13th: The Hypnotics ~ Entertaining Classic Rock
- August 20th: The Rockit Scientist ~ Hits of the 60’s, 70’s & 80’s
For more information, visit the City of Temecula’s site.